- Hits: 421
UPCOMING EVENT: 16 June 2018
Welcome to the exiting world of the
This is a unique Trophy Robotics initiative in reaction to the endless requests for a type of "war game" with LEGO Robots. As you can imagine, we were not to keen on this for a very long time, but we needed a really fun challenge for the kids, so we decided to go for it.
We also decided that we do not want the robots to destroy each other for a few reasons:
- The robots are really expensive.
- When one builds a DestructoBots for the first time, you come to appreciate the amount of work going into it. There is just no way you want someone else to destroy all your hard work.
- If your robot is destroyed in the first game, you will not have time to repair/rebuilt it for the other games.
Therefore, we have decided that it will be a whole lot better to have a rough game, but find some other things to destroy, rather than the robots.
In the future we are going to place some objects on the field to be destroyed. The game will be split into different sections. Therefore the rules of the game are getting very important.
We also did not want to make the playing field too complicated. A simple surface with some added goodies to it, will be good enough for us.
So if this type of thing "floats your boat", peaks your interest, or something like that, then you better pull your LEGO Robot kit out of your closet and start building.
Don't stop reading either, there is a whole lot more to say about this.
So get ready for some serious fun and hard work.
BumperBots (Really Important Information):
- This is a fun game for all those kids, adults and grandparents who want to challenge each other in friendly competition.
- So the be clear: This is for all of you, young and old who does not have any robotics kits, but still wants to play.
- This means when you register, you will have the opportunity to play with the robots of the competition. You do not have to build a robot, neither do you have to buy one. You only have to pay your registration fee to be able to play a couple of matches.
- This is also the place where you can gain experience, before you decide to buy your own set.
- A seperate field playing field will be setup at our DestructoBots competition on which Bumperbots will be played. It is the same playing field as the DestructoBots. The robots is just not designed to break stuff, but rather to bump each other off the field.
However if YOU do have YOUR OWN LEGO ROBOTICS SET, then you should rather move on to the DestructoBots Light or Super games.